About Us – Professional Affiliations
EARTH WIND WATER Civil Engineering believes very strongly that we must support worthy organizations. To that end, we have become active members of many professional organizations that we believe work to make our industry and our profession better by providing standards of excellence and other standards that are useful in raising the level of service we can offer. Some of these organizations are listed below. (This this list increases, we will update this page.)
- Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) A cutting-edge effort by Engineers and other professions to plan and design infrastructure (roads, public spaces, utilities, etc.) in a more environmentally sustaining manner.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) The leading body representing Civil Engineers with outreach for education and providing advice to state and federal agencies for decades.
- American Public Works Association (APWA) For over 75 years the APWA has been the education and networking choice of public works professionals who seek professional excellence.
- California Storm Water Quality Association (CASQA) A professional member association dedicated to the advancement of stormwater quality management through collaboration, education, implementation guidance, regulatory review, and scientific assessment.
- Association of State Flood Plain Managers (ASFPM) An organization of professionals involved in floodplain management, flood hazard mitigation, National Flood Insurance Program, and flood preparedness, warning and recovery
- San Diego Green Building Council A group dedicated to making buildings and communities sustainable so the health and vitality of all is achieved within a generation.
- Building Industry Association of San Diego county (BIA) The leading organization for builders of any kind of project in San Diego County. The BIA services as the voice of San Diego’s building industry on matters of public policy and is an active participant in most of the important issues facing the local development industry.
- Water Environment Federation A group dedicated to advancing the knowledge, service and collaboration among professionals working to improve our water supply and water quality.